1st DAILY PROFESSIONAL
- To liaise with the Head Chef/Sous Chef and implement new menu/dishes/systems where
- Preparing the ingredients for cooking from vegetables , meat , poultry , seafood
- To monitor stock movement and be responsible for ordering on your section.
- To be responsible for checking mise en place.
- Maintains daily mise en place and prepares certain food items for the following days duties.
- Check and ensure correct temperatures of kitchen appliances and food, and report issues to management
- Monitor the quality of food prepared and portions served throughout shift
- Monitor stock movement and be responsible for ordering on your section
- To work as directed on station of assignment under appropriate Sous Chef
- Make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by the Sous Chef
2nd FOLLOW ALL SAFETY and SANITATION POLICIES WHEN HANDLING FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Wash hands and surfaces often
- Don't cross-contaminate between raw meat, cook meat, poultry, seafood.
- Keep all the mise en place to the right temperature
- Refrigerate promptly, and use hand glove
- All food items for storage must be covered, dated and labelled according point checklist.
3rd FOLLOW KITCHEN POLICIES and SERVICE STANDARDS
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards
- Be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross training when directed
- Be able to come to any and all kitchen meetings whilst on duty or otherwise.